Old 02-02-2004, 10:12 AM
Hillevi P

Default Fogger?

"tbell" skrev i meddelandet
That's interesting, Ray. Did you use RO or distilled water? I've
understood that the ultrasonic nebulizers are terribly vulnerable to

mineral
deposits. Also, when I asked the people at Charlie's Greenhouse about

their
heavy duty fogger, they recommended a less expensive, filtered misting
system because of my hard water.
Tom
Walnut Creek, CA, USA

I used RO-water for my small ultrasonic fogger. Everything went well for a
while, until I worked in another country for a month. When I got back the
person who had watered my plants had used regular water a couple of times,
and then forgotten to refill the container the fogger was placed in. It
didn't work at all, and I could see the mineral deposits all over the
device.
Now, I live in an area with terrible water (I think kH 16-18 or something,
and pH 8) so I guess the fogger got quite a shock. But it seems very
sensitive.

Via