Old 02-02-2004, 01:37 PM
J Fortuna

Default diseased paph

Ok, in California here is some contact info for university researchers who
specialize in diagnosing plant diseases:
http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/ent/cl...ging/calif.htm
In my experience academics are odd ducks in that sometimes they will answer
an email sent by a total stranger out of the blue, and sometimes they won't,
but generally it doesn't hurt to try. You might contact them, asking whether
there is a plant diagrnostic clinic somewhere in your area, which could help
you diagnose a problem affecting an orchid plant.

Joanna

"J Fortuna" wrote in message
(Posted this to ABPO first, but then thought that rgo would be better for
this)

Just found an interesting site for a "Plant Disease Clinic" that will
diagnose the problem if sent a plant tissue sample. It is unfortunately in
Florida, and for Florida residents only, but I wonder whether there is a
similar lab in California.
http://www.imok.ufl.edu/plant/clinic/index.htm

Just a thought.
Best,
Joanna

"tbell" wrote in message
I've posted photos of a pitted Paph leaf on abpo, and would
appreciate help with it.
Tom
Walnut Creek, CA, USA
(To reply by e-mail, remove APPENDIX)