Old 02-02-2004, 03:12 PM
grubber

Default where did all those wild vegies go ?

"Michelle" wrote in message
On 1 Feb 2004 21:28:52 GMT, (jamie)
wrote:

Michelle wrote:
Have we imbread cultivated food plants that they just don't grow wild
where did all the wild plants go that we cultivated modern vegetables
from?

Some are quite common, you just don't recognize them. Queen Anne's Lace,
for example, is wild carrot.

Hey that's cool Can you eat eat queen ann's lace?

In most of Texas, the plant that looks like (and is sometimes called) Queen
Anne's Lace is NOT Wild Carrot, but hemlock. If the roots smell like
carrot, it's Wild Carrot, but the local plant smells bitter and is
poisonous. Wild Carrot does grow in parts of east Texas.

http://website.lineone.net/~stolarczyk/queen.html