Old 02-02-2004, 04:33 PM
Pam

Default Questions about Brassovola nodosa fragrance

Thanks for replying. I have been tempted to buy a Little Stars
online, but I wanted to make sure it was fragrant. I have ordered the
Little Stars, imho citrus tree blossoms are intoxicating. I am in
Utah. If there are any orchid shows here, I am not aware of it. I
grow a few plants for my own pleasure. Their beauty has facinated me
for years. (I have the empty pots from the ones that I have killed
to prove it.) I just discovered that there are fragrant varieties. I
have a den. kingianum (gardinia) and neofinetia falcata on order and
am considering jumellea arachnanthe (gardinia) angraecum magdalenae,
(gardinia), and thrixspermum formosanum (heliotrope). Do you have any
comments on these species? I am looking for phal violacea bellina
Borneo (Zebrina) fragrant and phal hieroglyphica. These two phals
have seduced me. Unfortuneately, species plants are not as easily
found as hybrids.

"Wendy" wrote in message news:EGkTb.10676$fD.5106@fed1read02...
Hi Pam, I just went outside to my g/h as I have B. nodosa 'White Heart' x B.
nodosa 'Panama Soiree'
It has the fragrance of orange blossoms but not as sweet or strong.
Are you going to the Costa Mesa Facination of Orchids next week?
I am going to try to go & wondering when it will be the least busy? Which
day would be best?
--
Cheers Wendy
Remove PETERPAN for email reply

"Pam" wrote in message
m...
: I have seen brassovola nodosa described as having a citrus aroma.
: Does this mean it smells like lemon Pledge or smells like citrus
: blossoms? Is it only the species that smells strongly? I have seen
: nodosa "white heart" advertised and also nodosa "Little Stars". Are
: these varieties more or less aromatic than the species?