Old 02-02-2004, 04:34 PM
martin

Default Snowdrops in the green

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 15:54:57 +0000, Victoria Clare
wrote:

Sacha wrote in
.uk:

Don't know about the rabbits but we don't seem to have problems with
them. Depending on space and money, it's worth getting two or three
varieties because while some of ours are now going over, other are
only just flowering and still more are in bud.

I have 2 varieties of rabbit: I find giving lots of apple twigs, weeds and
space to explore brings them into flower very nicely. ;-)

Next year you will be complaining about the warren undermining the
mole hills.

As to snowdrops, they aren't usually a favorite rabbitfood but if there's a
large rabbit population and not a lot to eat, rabbits will eat pretty much
anything.

including each other and Rusty's famous rabbi pie.

The only options are to invest in fencing, reduce the population by
shooting or trapping, or to invest in a dog to chase them off, or a cat to
eat them.

that's a bit drastic for snowdrops.

Not all cats will catch rabbits though, so the last is a bit of a gamble!

a little lamb?

(Shooting rabbits should not be something to worry about. Practically the
entire life of a wild rabbit would constitute cruelty if inflicted
deliberately on a pet: shooting is very quick, and they breed like blazes.)

a bit like people.

Victoria

--
Martin