Old 02-02-2004, 05:28 PM
Hazell B Hazell B is offline
Registered User

Location: East Yorkshire
Default mares tail

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaques d'Alltrades
In areas where there is gold, significant quantities can be
recovered by cutting horsetails and burning them, and refining the ash.
I can't remember where I read that - or heard it, but I've never been
able to test the intelligence in the forty or more years I've had it in
the back of my mind. Either there is a plethora of horsetail and a lack
of gold in the area, or a fair amount of dispersed gold, but no sign of
horsetails.

Well, you're very welcome to come and chop all of ours down and look for gold! Damned stuff, it's deadly to horses and grows better than grass on my land!

Burn it, I've known it happily regrow from little bits that have accidently arrived on our muck heap via the soil picked out of horses hooves. It's the most incredible stuff, you've got to admire it's ability to survive whatever we throw at it - so don't help it at all!
I'm thinking of starting a lawn laying business and calling it Sodding Perfection