Old 02-02-2004, 05:32 PM
Susan Erickson

Default Questions about Brassovola nodosa fragrance

On 2 Feb 2004 08:31:33 -0800, (Pam) wrote:

Thanks for replying. I have been tempted to buy a Little Stars
online, but I wanted to make sure it was fragrant. I have ordered the
Little Stars, imho citrus tree blossoms are intoxicating. I am in
Utah. If there are any orchid shows here, I am not aware of it. I
grow a few plants for my own pleasure. Their beauty has facinated me
for years. (I have the empty pots from the ones that I have killed
to prove it.) I just discovered that there are fragrant varieties. I
have a den. kingianum (gardinia) and neofinetia falcata on order and
am considering jumellea arachnanthe (gardinia) angraecum magdalenae,
(gardinia), and thrixspermum formosanum (heliotrope). Do you have any
comments on these species? I am looking for phal violacea bellina
Borneo (Zebrina) fragrant and phal hieroglyphica. These two phals
have seduced me. Unfortuneately, species plants are not as easily
found as hybrids.

If your in UT - Shows near you.
March 13-14 - Denver Botanic Gardens - Denver Orchid Society
April 3-4 - Salt Lake Orchid Society Show - at the Botanic
Gardens there - I am not sure what there proper name is - for
informant ion contact Jim Coyner 1631 S. 75 East, Bountiful,
84010.
If Salt Lake and Denver are not near, your down south? - how
about NM? May 1-2 the Escalante Show which this time will be in
Los Alamos, NM. Contact Lois Dauelsberg, 1462 Camino Medio, Los
Alamos, 87544.
Rather go north? Helena MT is May 22-23.

Rather wait until Fall? Denver will host the AOS Members meeting
and HUGE show - 20 vendor sale - Oct 6-10. See the Denver Orchid
Society web site for details as they become available.

SuE