Old 02-02-2004, 05:40 PM
RedForeman ©®

Default Coralife Aqualight

that's a bit drastic of a difference... if it were 55 to 65 difference, then
ok, but a 96 to a 55, I'd think twice... it's not a matter of yes or no,
it's a wattage issue, the ballast will shoot so much wattage to a light
that's not designed for it, and it'll instantly blow...

--
RedForeman ©®

"Kevin Conway" wrote in message
I recently picked up a Coralife Aqualight (2-96W) 2 bulb PC fixture. My
question is can I SAFELY fire smaller wattage bulbs with the electronic
ballasts in this fixture? Like 2-55 watt lamps? Coralife folks says no,
might damage the fixture but I figured they'd say that to cover

themselves.
Anyone experiment with this?