Old 02-02-2004, 07:46 PM
Mike

Default Gardening club - activity ideas needed!!!

A provision of this nature is recommended. Otherwise, one must
resort to devious Machiavellian tactics to ease long-term
incumbents off the committee, and such tactics are neither easy
to devise nor easy to carry out. And can take a long time to
bring to fruition.

The Constitution of an Association has been in force since the IGM in 1998.
Various events and highlights have come to the fore and I have put various
propositions to change certain elements at the next AGM. I have pointed out
in no uncertain terms that these propositions will only be put forward at
the members request. All the members are aware of the problems and I have
received overwhelming support for the changes. There are a few
modifications, but in general the proposals will be for the members benefit
and will see a change of Committee members on a routine basis.

Now completely Off Topic of Gardening, but perhaps someone could clarify
something which has cropped up on another committee I am on.

Can, or should, a Chairman express his/her objection to a proposal 'and I
want nothing to do with it' because of his/her own feelings? The Sports and
Recreation Ground we are fund raising for is to have dogs banned. "In that
case it is not for ALL the residents, so I want nothing to do with it"

Your comments please.

Mike