Old 02-02-2004, 08:12 PM
Hal

Default Heated pond

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 08:43:02 -0600, KK wrote:

I'm doing the same thing in Minnesota - added water yesterday. This is
the second winter that I've used a tank heater - really boosts the
electric bill - but easier than setting up tanks in the basement.
The fish were swimming around and lookin good yesterday.
Karen

Someone posted a message about raising the water level before the freeze
and melting a hole in the ice and pumping a couple inches of water out
from under the ice. The sheet of ice above the water insulates the
water underneath and saves on the electric bill as well as keeping the
fish alive.

Regards,

Hal