Old 02-02-2004, 11:18 PM
Martin Sykes

Default Bay Tree Problem

"Rod" wrote in message
peter123 wrote:

I've had another look at the leaves and you're right, I can see
something on the underside....they appear to be small brown (1mmx2mm)
marks which run up the middle of the leaf...so I think you're
right....the brown marks also come off if I scrape them with my finger
(see picture).

The problem is that this is on every leaf and there's no way I will be
able to scrape them all off.

Nice picture of soft scale - wish I'd seen that before I posted my first

answer.
I think everbody else has covered the treatment.
--
Rod
http://website.lineone.net/%7Erodcraddock/index.html

Would it be easier at this time of year, to just remove all the leaves. It
should be dormant at the moment and getting ready to produce new growth soon
anyway.

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )