Old 03-02-2004, 06:02 AM
Susan Erickson

Default Questions about Brassovola nodosa fragrance

On 1 Feb 2004 20:20:24 -0800, (Pam) wrote:

I have seen brassovola nodosa described as having a citrus aroma.
Does this mean it smells like lemon Pledge or smells like citrus
blossoms? Is it only the species that smells strongly? I have seen
nodosa "white heart" advertised and also nodosa "Little Stars". Are
these varieties more or less aromatic than the species?

I have never known a B. nodosa to smell anything but sweet. It
is called 'lady of the night' and has a heavy perfume during the
evening hours.

B. Little Stars is a different plant. B. Little Stars is B.
nodosa x B subulifolia. The plant is larger and there are
generally more flowers.

I can not find a B. White Heart or a B. nodosa 'White Heart'.
That is not to say that a clone of B. nodosa was named White
Heart. It is just not listed in the Wildcatt data as an award
winner. There are errors in the listings and there are newer
plants than those listed.

I have never know a B. nodosa or B. Little Stars that smelled
like citrus.

SuE