Old 03-02-2004, 11:32 AM
Larry Dighera

Default Questions about Brassovola nodosa fragrance

On 1 Feb 2004 20:20:24 -0800, (Pam) wrote in
I have seen brassovola nodosa described as having a citrus aroma.
Does this mean it smells like lemon Pledge or smells like citrus
blossoms? Is it only the species that smells strongly? I have seen
nodosa "white heart" advertised and also nodosa "Little Stars". Are
these varieties more or less aromatic than the species?

I find the haunting, critrisy fragrance of Brassavola cucullata
wafting through the house at night to be remarkably agreeable. I find
olfactory sensation difficult to translate into words. There actually
does seem to be a bit of a lemon component in Brassavola cucullata's
scent, but that is far from the whole experience. Don't miss it.