Old 03-02-2004, 12:36 PM
Sacha

Default Allotments and thieves/vandals?

Frogleg3/2/04 12:06

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 11:20:37 GMT, Frogleg wrote:

How *are* allotments protected/restricted?

Thanks to all who answered. I thought perhaps that in a country
experienced with community gardening, you'd have come up with some
magic solutions. The local inner-city plot had few if any tools to
lose, and veg weren't even ready to eat. Baddies evidently just
enjoyed destroying everything. So much for utopian dreams...

I'm not an allotment holder so can only suggest that most intruders don't
like light. Can you all band together to fit intruder lights, making sure
of course they don't upset any neighbouring houses?
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)