Old 03-02-2004, 02:25 PM
Ray

Default Orchid cruelty!

Claude,

If she cut ***JUST*** the leaves, it might come through fine after some
prolonged recovery. If she took the core of the plant with it, you'll have
to hope for basal offsets....

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"Claude" wrote in message
s.com...
Hello!

A nurse ( I call her Cruella orchid now ) who work with me got a phal as a
gift from a patient. Beautiful plant with a long spike covered with white
flowers. She told me she knew how to take care of plant, she had green
thumbs!

last night, I asked her how her orchid was doing and she told me , Oh it
died!
I asked how come and she showed me! That was horrible.
She had decided ( because someone told her so ) to cut the main tronc (
about 2 leaves , that way the flowers will last longer cause they will get
more energy!!!!)

I asked her to give me the plant.
I repotted the poor amputated plant in S/H culture, the roots are nice and
green but the 2 middle leaves are missing!
Do you thing new leaves will grow from the center of the plant?

Claude ( nurse and orchid rescuer! )