Old 03-02-2004, 03:55 PM
ed

Default is it silly?

Is it silly to have purchased three roses from home despot at a "bargain" of
5 bucks a rose? When I go on these wintertime jaunts to find the first rose
of the winter, I look for the healthiest appearing rose as opposed to a
specific type. Anybody else do this kind of insanity?

The roses are double delight(two) and a queen elizabeth climber I don't have
room for. Currently they are still in their original cheap packages awaiting
a reasonably tepid day for their owner to release them from their bondage
and put them into pots where they will stay, inside a shed on cold days and
nights, and come out when temps are above freezing. They will stay this way
until about April 1 as my rose garden is in a little hollow and frosts and
freezes aggravate me to no end. Then they will go in the ground with the 150
or so other roses.

COME ON SPRING!!!!
ed