Old 03-02-2003, 07:24 PM
Susan Erickson

Default what a mess :(

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003 12:05:24 -0600, "Deborah F. Ryan"
wrote:

Could you be a little more specific with regards to air movement? We do
keep a fan going during the heat of July, but it never occurred to me that
it would be necessary during the winter months. I'll surely keep in mind to
keep things sterile. So far what damaged leaves that needed to be removed, I
did by hand. Probably not a good thing, huh? Thanks for taking the time. I
really appreciate it.
peace...
debbie

Debbie -
You need to keep the air stirred up in there to circulate the
heat you do have. This will help keep the area from having
pockets of hot and pockets of cold. So out with the fan.
Your Orchids sound much too wet for winter. Most want to dry out
between waterings even in the summer. To keep the mix wet all
the time causes it to sour and rot faster. Keep the damaged
plants out of sun and let them dry out. You need to find out what
is going to live. I would take the mix off to find out if the
roots are mush. Put the plant and the tag in a clean dry pot to
examine again in a day. Spray with Physan to stop fungus rot.

SuE