Old 03-02-2004, 08:40 PM
WiGard

Default National Home Gardening Club

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 21:13:01 -0500, Jim Lewis wrote:

In the mail today comes an epistle from the National Home Gardening Club.
It contained a small packet of red poppy seeds and a second packet
containing about one tsp. of "all purpose" timed-release plant food
(14-14-14). If I join, they, promise I'll get more loot and get to "test"
garden goodies -- starting with what looks to be a knock-off of a Feclo
pruner -- on a monthly basis (and I can even KEEP the goodies!). All this
for (apparently) $1.00 a month.

Dunno what the kicker is, but I'm gonna pass. But I will enjoy the
poppies ;-) and use the fertilizer in a pot somewhere. No micronutrients
in the fertilizer, though, so it's probably not too good as a pot
fertilizer on a regular basis.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - The end of the human
race will be that it will eventually die of civilization -- Ralph Waldo
Emerson

I was once suckered into buying a fishing magazine under the pretense that
subscribers would become product testers and receive free merchandise. In
the 2-3 years I had the magazine, I was never contacted once.

Caveat emptor.