Old 03-02-2004, 09:33 PM
Bill R

Default Cats

Lozzie wrote:
My neighbours cats seem determined to use my garden as their toilet.
Is there anyway I can keep them off? I don't want to use any of the
machine type deterents you can buy as they seem expensive and I've
been told they don't work very well.
Thank you

Cats are creatures of habit and what you need to do is to
break their habit of using your garden as their toilet.
Smell is the main item that cats use to choose their toilet
and I have found that a good way to stop them is to add a
strong "smell" to the area they choose. Some items that I
have found that work well are hot sauce (put some in a spray
bottle and add some water and spray the area they use),
pepper (red pepper works best), and other strong smelling
herbs. Also perfume and cologne work well but don't use too
much or else the neighbors may think you are running a brothel.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850

For pictures of my garden flowers visit