Old 03-02-2004, 11:18 PM
David Hill

Default Vine Weevil

"......... I understand that Armatillox has been banned?
Perhaps someone will correct me if I'm wrong and let me know of an
alternative please? ..........."

Armilitox has not been banned,
Its just that they are no longer allowed to sell it as an pesticide without
going through a lengthy testing and certification process costing well over
£100,000.
This is why so many garden chemicals are no longer for sale.
What you do with it after you have bought it is up to you. The formulation
is still the same. So if it worked on vine weevil before there's no reason
for it not to do so still.....but we can't say that .
Just the same as we are not allowed to say that if you boil rhubarb leaves
the resulting liquid can be used as an insecticide..

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries