Old 04-02-2004, 11:33 AM
Charles Thorpe

Default Daffodil leaf shoots

On Wednesday 04 February 2004 10:36 Jan wrote in uk.rec.gardening:

I can't answer your question, but I have a question in return. What did
you
use to test your soil for nitrogen, phosphorous, etc.? I've seen the kits
to test the Ph, but I've never seen anything to test for other things.

The one I have is by Tenax, I've seen them, or similar kits in hardware
shops and garden centres.

They're used by adding a powder to a solution of soil in water in a
transparent cell, holding up to daylight and comparing the colour to a
series of transparent coloured squares.

ASFAIK they are accurate enough for the job.
--
Regards, Charles

cthorpe at ukfsn dot org
"I really cannot tolerate intolerance"