Old 04-02-2004, 12:42 PM
Salty Thumb

Default Make a disposable Slug trap :what bait?

"Joseph Chong" wrote in

Bud light is only fit for slug traps :-)
If you only staple the thing shut how do you keep the beer from
running out? I need to be spoonfed here.
The slugs slime in through the neck then plop in to the beer?
Amazing, now I am actually looking forward to slug season.
jc

personally I just put out a shallow container (1") deep when the
population gets too high. Some other people have mentioned using
something as deep as a yogurt container. If you are going that deep, you
might want to dig a hole so that the slugs don't have so far to climb.
This works okay if it doesn't rain alot.

Here's my version if it rains alot:

"Super Slug Tent-party"

empty paper milk or juice carton
beer
______
_/i.....i
\______|

lay the carton on its side
make a horizontal cut in the middle on both sides of the carton (at the
'.')
cut two vertical slits near the ends (at the 'i')
fold the resultant 'flaps' up
pour beer inside

for extra ambiance, you can tape toothpicks together and make little
support pillars for the flaps.

I don't know how effective it is and don't blame me if you are cited for
having trash in your yard