Old 04-02-2004, 02:45 PM
Ricky

Default Citrus in pots?

"Brandon" wrote in message
news:MW4Ub.11304$Ii2.6488@lakeread03...
Am considering a grapefruit,Valencia Orange and a Meyer lemon tree for my
yard in Gilbert AZ. Not really sure where I want to plant them, plenty of
space, I kind of like the idea of putting them in LARGE decorative pots as

have seem them planted that way in several places. BUT I wonder, what

kind
of growth can I expect out of them if they are in pots? I would like to

see
decent sized "trees"( I know the lemon is technically a bush), but will

the
pot size limit this growth?
Thanks
Brandon

The pots will limit their growth and will probably prevent them from having
much fruit. UNLESS... you get really, really big pots. I would plug these
into the ground and let 'em rip if you want fruit. Keep in mind that the
average fruit tree produces enough fruit for several large families each
time it bears fruit.