Old 04-02-2004, 05:40 PM
Elliot Richmond

Default where did all those wild vegies go ?

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 15:18:02 GMT, "N. Woolley"
wrote:

Hemlock can really, really kill you dead. Do check out the Useful Wild
Plant website. They offer "Weedfeed" a couple times a year and you
really need to learn what you are doing before you go out and start
putting things in your mouth.

Absolutely sound advice. However, water hemlock smells nasty,
especially if the leaves are bruised. You probably would not want to
eat it. Wild carrots smell like, well, carrots.

Remember Euell Gibbons? Actual quote, "There's nothing I'd rather do
than eat my way through a roadside ditch!" His books are still
available, but he had that sort of evangelistic fervor that puts some
people off.

Elliot Richmond
Freelance Science Writer and Editor