Old 04-02-2004, 06:59 PM
Bernd Haynold

Default I want one of these!!! What's its name?

Pam wrote:

While mucking about the web looking up orchids, I found this site with
these 2 pictures. I want one of the plants. It is the greatest
bumble bee orchid I have seen. Does anyone know its name and where I
can buy it?

http://orchids.imacollector.com/bees.html

Sorry to disappoint you, but the orchid in this picture is a fake.
It is supposed to be an Ophrys species, but none of them looks like
that.
Ophrys are terrestrials, hard to get outside of europe and difficult
to cultivate, especially for those who have no experience with
terrestrial orchids.

Bernd