Old 04-02-2004, 07:16 PM
Lazarus Cooke

Default primula vulgaris and bulbs self-seeding

1 I have a damp patch in my London garden under a tree, facing the
window. I'd like to grow primula vulgaris there. Do I just scatter
seed? When?

2 The Daffodils that I bought from Safeways at a penny each (thanks
to the advice of this NG) are sproouting all over the garden. So are my
snowdrops and the odd crocus that the squirrel has left. I've just
split some snowdrops, but I'd love all my bulbs to self-seed. Do they
do this, and what proportion is it worth leaving the flowers on for
this to happen?

3 My aged mother (92) tells me there's nothing wrong with cutting
snowdrops for indoors. I'd never disagree with a parent, but is she
right?

Lazarus

--
Remover the rock from the email address