Old 04-02-2004, 07:16 PM
Bob

Default removing grass from veg patch

I had no marestail just grass, clover, docks and dandelions. As I said
whenever a perenial weed showed I dug the whole thing out.

Bob

"Jane Ransom" wrote in message
In article , Bob
writes
This is the way I sorted out my last house, I rotovated the lot with a

large
hired machine which went down about 18 inches.

I know a guy who managed to spread marestail over his whole garden by
using this method. I would suggest that the pernicious weed roots must
be removed before rotovating or the rotovating process will just chop
them so that there will, in the end, be a helluva lot more