Old 04-02-2004, 10:32 PM
Eric Schreiber

Default Test only - no content

(Paul L. Sears) wrote:

My apologies. The last time I used usenet, I was using telnet to a UNIX box
and tin (I think) to look at the newsgroups. That's a few years ago. I'm
just finding out how to use Outlook for newsgroups.

Hehe, my advice would be "don't". You'd probably be better off with
tin than OE. OE makes it way too easy to accidentally send a private
message to a newsgroup. I saw a case awhile ago on an alias-based
group where some poor schmuck accidentally posted his resume,
including real name, home address, and SSN (no clue why it was on his
resume). Can you say "ouch"?

--
www.ericschreiber.com