Old 05-02-2004, 06:32 AM
dc

Default WTB: Oak tree

I live pretty close to you, and Live Oak are thriving all over my place!
The soil, if you can call it that, is really just rock with a dusting of
dirt. Those Live Oaks are very hardy, apparently, they live off sunshine and
an occasional drink of water.

"Spacewalkman" wrote in message
Thanks for the info. We live in NW Austin (between Spicewood Spring and
Anderson Mill). I'm thinking about a Live Oak, but not sure if that is

good
for my soil.

Regards,

Jianli

In article , Victor Martinez
wrote:

The Natural Gardener usually has a good selection of oaks. Which variety
were you looking for? Which part of town do you live? Knowing that would
help in selecting a good oak for your soil.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he