Old 05-02-2004, 07:02 AM
gl

Default Eucalytptus Summer Red

About 1 1/2 years ago I planted the pink variety ('summer beauty') and
couldn't find much info on care for it.
I mulched it well, and only watered it for about a month. I've never
fertilised it. It's now about 2 metres tall and growing strongly - it just
finished flowering, and I didn't know if I was meant to trim the spent
flowers or not.... so I've left it alone and it looks like the 'flower
heads' are developing into branches. I think I'll start neglecting my other
plants, and maybe they'll grow this well too!
I planted ours amongst dwarf lilly pillys which looks quite nice, because of
the contrasting leaf shapes/colours - and as they are only small plants they
highlight the eucalypt. I was keen to find a similiar tree with yellow
flowers as I thought that would be a nice combination.

I'm not actually being any help to you at all! But I was pleased to see
someone else is growing one, as it's a beautiful small tree. Everyone who
has seen it at our house has wanted to get one, but they don't seem terribly
common yet.

"Mitchell McCreath" wrote in message
Hello all,
Can someone give me a guide to the care of This true.
I Planted it about 2 months ago. It is now putting on a
beautiful display of red flowers with a yellow centre.
Its about 1 metre tall at the moment. According to info
that I have on it, I can expect it to reach 5 metres tall
with a crown width of 3 metres.

What tree would be a good complement?

Cheers,
Mitch