Old 05-02-2004, 03:02 PM
RedForeman ©®

Default brown spots

"Dacaprice" wrote in message
"RedForeman ©®" wrote in message
looks like low light brown algae, otherwise, it could be plain normal

algae
in a non co2 tank...

you say 65w, but not what size tank... I assume a 29/30ish and under

those
conditions, I'd say it's probably in need of Co2 easily... 2 days after

disconnected my CO2 from my 29 with 65w PCF, I had brush algae...

yippee....
now that tank is infested with it, and it doesn't react to lights being

off,
so it's a manual tear down to rid it...

--
RedForeman ©®

My tank is 20 gallons... sorry I just forgot to put that in there.

Then you surely have enough lighting, maybe it's ferts or over feeding?
You'll find a balance somewhere between feeding and ferting, that you're
doing one too much, probably food....

Actually, I think it looks pretty nice... even with the brown spots...
rubbing them off, did it produce stuff that came off or was it just a brown
spot IN the leaf?

--
RedForeman ©®