Old 05-02-2004, 06:43 PM
jane

Default Wet, Wet, Wet

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 09:00:22 -0000, "David Hill"
wrote:

~1.5 inches to 2pm yesterday, and it hasn't stopped since then
~I am thinking of offering down hill water skiing.

Yikes.
Nice weather for ducks.

~I am told that all the reservoirs in this part of Wales are full to
~overflowing, so will someone "Up There" please turn off the taps
~now.......we've had more than enough.
~Here we have now had just over 13 inches of rain so far this year, though we
~got of lightly compared to parts of North Wales ....Capel Curig had 12
~inches of rain in the first 3 days of this month, with 6 inches yesterday.
~Forecast.......Heavy rain and strong winds.
~
The powers that be _had_ wished for lots of water to fill them up, so
they can hardly grumble now!

They've gone suspiciously quiet on the subject of SE England water
levels though. Wish they'd tell us when they get back to normal as
well as when they are very dry.

--
jane

Mark Twain