Old 05-02-2004, 06:44 PM
Mike

Default OT (just) Data protection Act

And so I should hope!!!
If I give my name to the secretary of a club of which I am a member,
there is no way that I am sanctioning its use to send me a whole lot of
junk mail. I am giving it to the secretary of the club for club purposes
and nothing else. I am very glad to see that he/she is liable to
prosecution.

--
Kay Easton

Exactly :-)) I don't know if you read my account of someone who was
collecting data in the form of the Secretaries of Associations and trying to
sell them, but I soon put a stop to that!!
You are correct. The data you give to a secretary is for that secretary's
use ONLY and when secretaries of Associations give me their membership
lists, it is on my promise that I will use that for finding old shipmates
ONLY. Even then I have built in a safeguard for their members, in that I
will notify the member that I have found someone looking for him and 'here
is the address' "You contact him"!!! I 1994 when I started the RN
Shipmates System I made a promise to EVERYONE concerned that I would not
pass an address to a third person without that person's permission. And I
have stuck to it!! :-))

Mike