Old 05-02-2004, 06:44 PM
Rod

Default New lawn - what to do and when to do it

Grunff wrote:

Rod wrote:

We have some good coverage of this in our FAQs. See the post 'ABC' from
'sysop' last posted on 30 Jan. If that doesn't answer all your questions do
please come back here.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I've already had a look through the faq, and while it's very useful, it
didn't really answer my question - which I suppose boils down to "what
should I do /now/".

I also found a few threads on turf v. seed, which have pretty much made
me decide on seeding it. But I realise that this isn't a good time to do
it - so I don't know whether it would be better to wait a few weeks
before seeding, but risk weeds coming up in the meantime, or what.

Can you tell I'm new to this? :-)

Nothing now - it's too wet, start clearing and preparing when things have dried
out a bit. Aim to have your seed bed prepared sometime in April. Try to get the
seeds sown before it gets too hot and dry. That is one of 2 best times for
sowing grass seeds - August is the next and probably best time.
--
Rod
http://website.lineone.net/%7Erodcraddock/index.html