Old 05-02-2004, 06:46 PM
Jan

Default Lawn Spikers

"Jane Ransom" wrote in message
The best thing is a tool that removes a plug of earth, rather than
squashing the soil to one side, to make a hole.

Jane, B&Q has a large tool that has a handle with 6 small hollow thingies on
the bottom that remove plugs of earth. You hold the handle and I assume
stand on a metal bar to push the hollow thingies into the soil. Is that the
tool you mean? It's a big metal thing about 3'x1'. I almost bought it
today but I thought that if it's anything like my bulb digger that the plugs
of soil would just get jammed up inside each hollow thingie.

Thanks.