Old 05-02-2004, 06:46 PM
Martin Sykes

Default Help - Orange/Lemon trees dying

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Martin Sykes5/2/04 8:37

om

I've got a small lemon tree and a variety of small orange each in a pot.
This winter, they've both lost their leaves which didn't worry me too

much
as it happened to the orange last year as well and it survived OK and
fruited again this year. But, now they are both dying back from the

tips. No
sign of any bugs on the trees or in the soil. I'm misting every day now

try and revive them but the orange tree in particular is looking very

sad.
The stems are still green further down so they're not dead yet.

Any idea what ails them?

Over watering or did they get frosted, by any chance? When we have
customers having trouble with these, those are the usual problems,
especially the former plus lack of drainage between waterings.
--

I don't think they got overwatered - I let the compost dry out completely
between waterings. And I doubt frost as they're in the living room.

In your experience, are they likely to recover or should I just look at
replacing them?

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )