Old 05-02-2004, 06:46 PM
Steve Harris

Default Tomato, when to sow?

In article ,
(Alan Holmes) wrote:

I have a pack of Gardeners Delight, but in their wisdom the
manufacturers have only seen fit to print the indoor sowing
instructions.

So, when should I sow to grow them outside?

Here's what worked for me last year:

06/04/03 Sowed Tomato in peat pots
21/04/03 Planted out 1 off Gardeners Delight seedling
27/04/03 Planted out 2 more Gardeners Delight
07/05/03 Planted out 1 more Gardeners Delight

Cropping ran from the last week in July to late October.

And why has everyone decided not to answer my query on
harvesting Celeriac and Leeks?

I can see 5 responses here. I suggest you Google.

A useful bit of gardening software at
http://www.netservs.com/garden/