Old 05-02-2004, 06:47 PM
Rowdy

Default Lawn Spikers

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 02:12:18 -0000, "Jan" wrote:

"Jane Ransom" wrote in message

Jane, B&Q has a large tool that has a handle with 6 small hollow thingies on
the bottom that remove plugs of earth. You hold the handle and I assume
stand on a metal bar to push the hollow thingies into the soil. Is that the
tool you mean? It's a big metal thing about 3'x1'. I almost bought it
today but I thought that if it's anything like my bulb digger that the plugs
of soil would just get jammed up inside each hollow thingie.

You were right not to buy it. The hollow tines do get bunged up very
easily and unless you have perfect conditions under the grass it can
be very difficult to reach any depth. I managed to buckle mine trying
to penetrate heavy soil.

Rowdy