Old 05-02-2004, 06:47 PM
Janet Baraclough ..

Default Cut Flower Suggestions

The message
from Ian contains these words:

In recent years I have grown varieties of Cosmos and Dahlia for cut-flower
for the house. I fancy growing something new this year - can anyone suggest
anything please. I am particulalry thinking of cut-and-come-again annuals.

I grow marigolds in the veg garden, and cut their flowers for the
house...I like their spicy acid smell though not everyone does. I used
to grow rows of cheap tulips, also in the veg garden. Where they grow in
the main garden I can't bear to cut too many; if they are in the veg
garden I could cut the lot with no pangs at all.

Are you growing any perennials and shrubs for cut flowers? At my
allotment I used to grow a very cheap selection of Woolworths HT roses,
and the common dark red paeonies, just for cutting (I don't appreciate
either of them as a garden plant).

Janet.