Old 05-02-2004, 06:48 PM
Kay Easton

Default lesser celandine

In article , Charlie
Pridham writes

"Derek Turner" wrote in message
.. .
Is there an organic way tyo get rid of lesser celandine?
tia
Derek

Sort of! you get a plant label and write Ranunculus fiscaria

or even ficaria ;-)

put next to it
and pretend you like it until May when it goes away by itself :~)

Pretend??! I've always loved it, right from a small child. Flowers start
by looking like little yellow tulips, and open into mini-water lilies.
Leaves are finely marbled, and almost as attractive as cyclamen.

Which reminds me - one of the cyclamen I planted about 10 years ago is
now a dense patch of leaves 24 inches across - impressive beasts, aren't
they?
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: