Old 05-02-2004, 07:13 PM
Frank Logullo

Default Make a disposable Slug trap :what bait?

"Joseph Chong" wrote in message news:Up_Tb.396744$X%5.110583@pd7tw2no...
Bud light is only fit for slug traps :-)
If you only staple the thing shut how do you keep the beer from running out?
I need to be spoonfed here.
The slugs slime in through the neck then plop in to the beer?
Amazing, now I am actually looking forward to slug season.
jc

Actually, you do not need to be elaborate. A pan of beer sunk a
little into the dirt to allow slugs to crawl in will do. They crawl
in and drown. I guess if you used poster's idea, you could use less
beer. I used to put in my garden. I suggested it to a coworker one
time but he was afraid he might catch a beer guzzling neighbor. Any
beer will do but after the Super Bowl commercials, I can't think of a
better use for Bud Light
Frank