Old 05-02-2004, 07:14 PM
David Ross

Default Citrus in pots?

Brandon wrote:

Am considering a grapefruit,Valencia Orange and a Meyer lemon tree for my
yard in Gilbert AZ. Not really sure where I want to plant them, plenty of
space, I kind of like the idea of putting them in LARGE decorative pots as I
have seem them planted that way in several places. BUT I wonder, what kind
of growth can I expect out of them if they are in pots? I would like to see
decent sized "trees"( I know the lemon is technically a bush), but will the
pot size limit this growth?
Thanks
Brandon

If you want citrus in containers, consider dwarf trees. I have a
Eureka lemon, a Robertson navel orange, and a kumquat, each in an
18-inch tub in my back yard (redwood tubs 18 inches in diameter
and 18 inches deep). The lemon and orange grow like small trees;
the kumquat remains like a bush.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean