Old 05-02-2004, 07:14 PM
Pam - gardengal

Default sodding yard, ok to checker?

I was about to say the same thing in a less diplomatic way....it would look
like crap and would never fill in completely. Rethink your game plan.

pam - gardengal

"David J Bockman" wrote in message
This is a horrible idea.

Dave

"SJE" wrote in message
news
I have a new house that has no landscaping in the back. I want to sod
St Augustine, but due to the size (probably 4000 sq ft or so) the cost
concerns me. Would it be okay to checker squares (the full
rectangular piece that comes in the pallets, not plug size) of sod? I
was thinking of just laying it down so the corners meet, maybe some
overlap, so I would need 40-50% less sod. Would this work? I don't
mind if it takes some time to establish, I just don't want the sod to
die and have to start over again. Would there be problems with the
grass not being level?

The ground is soft clay/sand, properly graded.