Old 05-02-2004, 07:14 PM
Ricky

Default Dense evergreen collage

"HA HA Budys Here" wrote
I'd like to plant a wide variety of evergreen shrubs that will generally

have
an upright habit. (More height than width) I don't want a "Hedge wall" of

one
single, continuious variety.

If I pick shrubs which boast the like of: "Mature size 12' wide x 30'

tall" and
"20' wide x 40' tall" but plant them closer together, will they grow tall

fill their space, or will not allowing mature width via trimming somehow

stunt
their mature height?

If you plant them closer together they will fight for sun, water, and food
and will not grow to their normal terminal size. Some may suffer and not
grow well at all. Never think for a second that you can outwit Mother
Nature. In the long run she will have her way.