Old 05-02-2004, 08:33 PM
Kevin Cutlip

Default LAKE FUNGUS

Aquatic "weeds" make great fertilizer... I own a pond company and as part of
the maintenance package it involves netting out the pond and pruning the
aquatic plants...If the customer does not want the "muck" then it goes to my
gardens at home....Miracle Gro al la Ma Nature.....Thinning out water
hyacinth is the mac daddy. In the spring I use my pond water that is going
through an algae bloom and spray it on my seed trays.....

"Romy Beeck" wrote in message
I'm a rookie gardener.But a few years back I took some dead weeds from the
lake and put them around my tomato plants and I had very good tomatos that
year.I'm just wondering if I took the soil from the water and put it on my
garden and let the sun try it out and them work it later with my garden
tractor if that would give me a better garden this year. I sure hope

someone
on this newsgroup can help me. I have a 100 feet of lake frontage. By

the
way I live in wisconsin