Old 06-02-2004, 12:02 AM
Sacha

Default Cut Flower Suggestions

Janet Baraclough ..5/2/04 8:28
..uk

snip
TBH, I don't usually bother. I prefer the blowsy kinds with flamed
colours and feathery edges, (much better as cut flowers than in the
garden) and I think they look best droopy, when the stems curve over and
show off the glorious interior.

Tulips, like a lot of bulb flowers, show themselves best when they are in
small amount of water - no more than 2", but don't expect a disciplined
display. Let them 'go'. Two Easters ago, I 'did' tulips in front of the
lectern in our church, on a pin holder with just about that amount of water.
I had no intention of them doing anything but what they wanted to do but to
my real fascination, they had all turned themselves upward and inwards,
rather like a Jewish candelabra, if I have the right term and I'm afraid
that I probably don't.
And like Janet, I like those waaaaaaay over the top tulips.

--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)