Old 06-02-2004, 12:13 AM
Sacha

Default Cut Flower Suggestions

MCC6/2/04 12:04

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 16:37:29 -0000, Neil Jones wrote:

How do you stop the tulips from drooping when they're in the vase? We've
tried keeping the water topped up but it didn't seem to have any effect.

It is possible to get special tulip vases. Imagine a vase on the same
principle as a strawberry pot with several separate holes in it including
one central one at the top. Each hole is designed to take only one stem.
The flowers are placed in each of the holes and allowed to do their own
thing - quite spectacular results can appear :-)

I think I'm right in saying that Chatsworth House has a large collection of
these tulip vases - well, one of the stately homes has :-)

Past Times sells, or used to sell, bowls with a certain number of holes in
them to display tulips. They are very lovely and give another dimension to
the arrangement of tulips. I use mine often for all kinds of flowers, apart
from tulips. But I still love tulips when, like Gerberas, they're allowed
to 'do their own thing'.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)