Old 06-02-2004, 06:20 AM
J. Del Col

Default Anticipating problems

"Ted Byers" wrote in message ...
Sue,

I don't disagree with you that the West Nile virus CAN be deadly. That is
something I did not, and will not, deny. However, according to your CDC (an
American institution, not Canadian), in 2002, there were only a little over
4000 cases of it, and fewer than 300 deaths. And the CDC estimated that the
risk of dying from West Nile is slightly less than that for the flu (less
than 1 in a thousand)....

OTOH, if you get it, according to the numbers you cite, the chance of
dying is about 10%--not good odds. (are you sure about those numbers?)
It also can produce debilitating long term effects in people who
survive it.

OTOH, I think the chance of getting WN from a well maintained SH setup
is vanishingly small.

J. Del Col