Old 06-02-2004, 06:33 AM
Wendy

Default Wild life in flowerpots

Hi Ben, I found this stuff in my orchid pots & did some extensive research.
I took a sample to our local Agricultural Dept. & they told me it was
Saprophytic fungi. They could not tell me how to treat it. There are
supposedly thousands of different types.
I have tried many different antifungus treatments & found that
repotting helps.
One item I came up which is called PrimaStop but it is not allowed in
Calif.?
So now when I repot, I wash the plant with a Physan solution first.
If you find out anything more I would love to hear from you.
--
Cheers Wendy
Remove PETERPAN for email reply

"Ben Lurkin" wrote in message
hlink.net...
:
:
: On repotting my mini cats I found some things that were strange to me.
The
: strangest was small, white, very hard, smaller than a pinhead, and round.
: They were many patches of them on the bark, on the dead roots and on the
: inside of the flowerpot. They were held together and to the surface with
: white strands that remind me of fungus mycelium in compost. I think they
: were too hard to be eggs or fungus, so I cannot guess what they might be.
:
:
:
: Has anyone here seen anything like this. Is there a website that might
help
: to identify this and maybe an insect or two??
:
:
:
: Thanks again,