Old 06-02-2004, 08:22 AM
john rutz

Default Bog/Veggie filter ?

BenignVanilla wrote:
"Bud Mugs" wrote in message

Hi, I would like to build a bog or veggie filter for my pond which is
approx 15 by 20 and 3 feet deep. Any helpful sites or advice.

My Pond is about 10x13x4. My VF is about 10x5x1. It is massively planted
with Water Hyacinth, water iris, and a few others. I also plant many
invasive species around the perimeter like mint, whose roots find their way
deep into the VF.

Aside from the great mud fiasco of 2003, my water parameters are B-A-utiful.

Don't let these mechanical filter using, espresso drinking, SUV driving,
plastic filter media types fool ya. Plants is as plants does.

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

yup they are

and my pond is 24x35x3 and my veggie filter is 24x24x1 I use basicaly
the same plants as BV

you can see mine at http://www.fuerjefe.net ( and a few fiascos too )

John Rutz